Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint about the service you receive, please follow the procedure below:




Last Review:      31 October 2014


We are a company that is Regulated by RICS and as such we are required to have in place a complaints handling procedure (CHP) in accordance with RICS Policy


RICS Firms' Conduct Rule 7 ‐ Complaints handling


"A Firm shall operate a complaints handling procedure and maintain a complaints log. The complaints handling procedure must include an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanism that is approved by the Regulatory Board."


Our Complaints Procedure


Abbott Surveyors Limited is committed to providing high quality advice and services. We acknowledge however, that there may be instances where we get things wrong or make mistakes. To deal with this, we have a complaints procedure.


How we will deal with your complaint?


We will not ignore a complaint.  In fact, it may help us to see where our services or procedures might be improved. If you feel we have made a mistake or undertaken something which you found unsatisfactory or unacceptable, please do let us know, even if you do not think your particular concern amounts to a 'complaint'.


How do you make a complaint?


In all cases, the address for correspondence is:


Mr M Abbott, Director, Abbott Surveyors Ltd, 19 Bowmans Close, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3SR


If you have initially made your complaint verbally ‐ whether in person or on the phone ‐ you will be required to send a written summary of your complaint to the address above.


Once we have received your written complaint, we will contact you in writing within seven days. At this stage we will give you our understanding of your case. We will also invite you to make any further comments that you may have in relation to this.


Within twenty one days of receipt of your written complaint, we will write to you informing you of the outcome of the investigations into your complaint and let you know what actions have been or will be taken.


If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our internal handling of your complaint, you are entitled to refer your complaint to one of the following two independent redress schemes;


If you are a member of the general public:‐

If you are a business:‐


Ombudsman Services: Property

PO Box 1021




Tel: 0330 440 1634 www.ombudsman‐


RICS Dispute Resolution Service (DRS)

Surveyor Court Westwood Way Coventry




Tel: 020 7334 3806