Service Level Agreement for schools
With the ever growing requirement on local authorities to cut spending whilst maintaining
service, we are very aware that this invariably means the responsibilities for all manner of building related items is handed from the authority directly to the school which increases the workload of school Heads, Bursars and Business Managers.
We have therefore offered a "Service Level Agreement" for Schools. A Professional construction backup support and advice service that we believe will be more efficient and ultimately more tailored to
the specific needs of the school, or family of schools. We believe that whilst benefiting the whole family, with reduced professional fees, we offer a personalised and bespoke service to what our clients want. We will review all our your service provision
and advise on the most cost effective and efficient way to provide all the services that the school needs.
It is our intention for schools to subscribe to a four year service, a service that
will include the following:
- To provide effective professional support to schools on building related matters.
- Complete a full estate condition and asset survey (buildings, electrical and mechanical)
within the first year of the contract (including budget estimates and priorities for works required).
- Provide support to schools to enable them to submit bids for funding (for new build works a fee will be applicable if this
involves provision of feasibility drawings).
- To advise on legislative requirements and changes as they happen.
- From the full estate condition survey, priorities can be set to ensure the buildings are adequately
maintained. This would include an expected life of the Mechanical & Electrical main plant.
- Offer advice on energy efficiencies and renewable energy sources.
- Procure a 24 hour electrical and mechanical
emergency breakdown cover. We will ensure that all contractors have the required insurances and are members of the relevant organisations for instance Gas Safe, NICEIC or ECA, BAFE, CHAS and Constructionline as required by the works being carried out.
- Give general Asbestos management advice.
- Give general advice of building related policies (i.e. fire risk assesments, Building health & safety, accessibility).
- Give general advice on glazing
risks and when safety glass needs to be or has been installed.
- Telephone advice/support.
- Advice on contractor selection and procurement methods.